Welcome to Black Banana Records, another petty avenue for your adorable little fixation with abrasive music. The label's presently based out of Vancouver, BC, which aspring cartographers will gladly tell you is in Canada. To order or inquire about trades, e-mail blackbananarecords@gmail.com

Friday, January 7, 2011

Banana 2.0

Well, where the hell do I start? Since MySpace has gone completely out of their way to alienate the people that use them, this blog site became a necessity. I haven't been particularly active for the last few months for a few reasons you'd be happier not reading about, but I'm now settled in Vancouver and I'm trying to get the label and distro back on track. No releases coming up in the immediate, though there's some ideas being kicked around. More on those if and when they get past the drunken bullshitting stage. In the meantime here's some shit you should know about your Bananafam...


-SIX BREW BANTHA 7" is sold out, from me at least. I know a couple distros still have it. In Vancouver you can try Audiopile, Neptoon and Red Cat. They're touring the west coast in March, scope their page for the deets.
-WAR HERO are trying to piss us all off by breaking up. Last two shows in Vancouver and Squamish on January 28th and 29th, respectively. I'll most likely have the distro at the Vancouver show. Their split with OSK is still available, grab it if you haven't already. I also found a couple copies of the UMMM split, once they're gone, they're gone. Three quarters of the band can now be seen in the equally awesome OBACHA.
-CIRCLE THE WAGONS back after 4 and a half years? Question marks denote rhetoric and therefore I can't be held accountable.



Anyhow sorry for the months of absence, I really should have called to check up on you guys. Here's to a thrashing 2011, Year of the 'Nana.